8/01/2009

Why I don't cook. Well, another reason

I've never pretended to be good at cooking. One time a friend called to ask me a cooking question. I laughed and asked why on earth she would call me. She reluctantly admitted she had tried several people already and I was the only one answering the phone. Luckily, google was able to help her.

Anyway, lets say that hypothetically you are making pizza for dinner and you dump the crust mix in a bowl and add hot water. About 30 seconds into mixing it you realized something isn't right, as the dough is crawling up the beaters instead of staying in the bowl. Oops. You put the regular beaters in instead of the dough hooks. Can't make that big of a difference, right? Well, it does. Go ahead and switch them out now. Don't keep attempting to mix the dough with the regular beaters. Go ahead and peel the sticky not quite mixed dough off of the beaters. While you're at it, go ahead and get a toothpick to try to get out the dough that has traveled up the beaters into your mixer before it hardens and stays there.

Trust me on this one.

1 comment:

Laura said...

ha ha. Ok. I didn't even know there was "dough hooks". I'm not gonna lie. Maybe we should take a class or something? :)