8/24/2009

An investment

I bought new tires this weekend. They were around $500. I can think of a LOT of other things I would rather spend $500 on. I won't list them because it makes me sad to think about them. But, it had to be done. I've had two people that know a lot about cars tell me, independently of each other, that I REALLY needed them. One of them is my dad. They might have told me that a couple weeks ago. Did I mention the time I wrecked my car because the tires were bald? Did I mention last week it was raining REALLY hard on my way to work and I hydroplaned on the interstate? Luckily, there wasn't anyone in the lane next to me 'cause I was all over both lanes. It was very scary. All of that being said, I really should have known better and gotten them earlier. But here's what really led to me buying them:

My insurance deductible is $500. After my little incident on the highway, I realized I was going to be spending that $500 either way. I would much rather spend it on tires than pay it to the repair shop.

Now please go check your tires.

2 comments:

Whit and Steve said...

Good thinking! I'm glad you're safe and that nothing happened! We do need to get together again, VERY soon!! Miss you!!

Laura said...

WHEW! Yes I am glad you got new tires! That is scary. Glad you are OK. I always wonder how they can tell the tires need replacing. I mean I have seen bald ones, but before they get that bad. I have no idea how to tell. sighhh. should have taken shop class in high school.