8/15/2009

Hot Date



So we got back from our trip to Utah, and I'll post about that later. For now I'll just talk about the hot date I had on Thursday. I called my friend to chat, and in the course of the conversation she mentioned her daughter had a dr appt, but she was just so tired she didn't think she could bring herself to pile all 4 kids in the car, drive downtown, take them all out, wrestle with them in the waiting room, just to pile them all back in the car again. (To her credit, she's very pregnant with #5) So I got to take her daughter, E, to the dr. We finished around 4:45 and I asked E what she wanted to do. "Go to McDonalds!" was the obvious answer for a 6 year old, so of course we went. Who am I to deny a cute 6 year old McDonalds? We had a great time eating our chicken nuggets and ice cream cones. In my defense, I did make sure she ate all her nuggets and apples, AND finish her milk before I bought her ice cream.




It was fun to hang out with her and completely ruin her dinner. She talked non-stop. She told me about when she was one year old and her parents got in a big fight and got divorced. (I knew them then, they didn't really). She told me about how they are naming baby # 5 either "Little bunny" if she's cute & cuddly or "Harley" if she is tough. Point is, E's cute and it's fun get someone else's kid full of ice cream and then drop them off at home right before dinner time.

3 comments:

Whit and Steve said...

So fun! I want to go to Mcdonalds and get ice cream with you!!

Can't wait to see the pics from utah!

Amber said...

You are a punk! Her dinner was totally ruined... and we both love you for it! Thanks for saving the day! Or at least the doctor's appointment.

Laura said...

Ha! Love it. Very nice job. :)